Saturday, April 25, 2009

8 Days Til Travel

Wow I am feelin' a bit GREEN today.
I visited the Inernational Health Clinic and received the remainder of my shots for the trip. I was given the Polio, TDAP, Meneginitis, Yellow Fever, Typhoid today. I was very nervous, not because of getting shots (He said I was the first person to laugh while getting a shot...which I can then blame on the kids because they were watching with huge grins, and the girls were covering their ears..guess they thought I was a screamer!!) but because of the damage it does to your system...possibility of side effects...etc.....etc......
So we leave the office and head to Babies R Us.....I was so overwhelmed that I was in there for about 2 hours scratching my head!
First thing on the list was car seats. I wanted the same style for both boys and I wanted a seat that would eventually be a booster. The biggest problem was cost...GEESH...those seats are expensive!!! The second problem is width....we will have 5 kids in car seats so I need the most narrow style available...which coincedently are the more pricey ones!
So I let Annie be my guinea pig and have her set in every seat in the store. She is loving it but wait a minute....she thinks this is her new seat. I tell her she already has a beautiful seat with pink flowers....nope she wants this one. Oh the fun we will be having soon......
Anyhow...width....I drag a very unhappy sales girl, three exhausted children and a car seat to the van to see how it fits. Did I metion it is raining and I am beginning to feel GREEN from the shots. Hmmm car seats will not fit in the pack....great we will take two!
Carson says "Guess we need to get a new van. One of the those big kind."
Mommy informs him " THIS is the new van, honey...don't think daddy will go for that!"
Sales girl snickers.....


So upon getting home I begin to think maybe Carson is old enough to lose the booster.....what is wrong with sacrificing one childs safety for anothers??
Okay so the seats are not green but the pads that go under them are!! Okay phase two....the highchair! Yes, I know the "baby" is 2 years old so why are we messing with a high chair. We are short a chair at the kinda sorta new table...so he gets a special seat. Oh and I did have Maddie try it out for size just so I knew how long poor Yohannis would have a seat. And before you ask I DID get some weird looks as we try the seat out and Maddie's legs touch the floor!! Love the GREEN....it matches my walls...can you tell???

So the last part is just for FUN! I love bags and it has been a while since I got to pick out an ultra cute dipaer bag! Love the GREEN... don't you??? This bag is the best size ever...it is in between those ridiculously large bags and the too teeny bags....it is just right!



Oh and the green did not stop there! I came home...blacked out....got chills..ran a fever....had a stiff neck.....arms throbbed.....had brian pains......had irregular heart beating....
I told Paul I had Yellow Fever and was dying...he said "That stinks".....I said "I Know"
(that is life married to a very successful bussinessman with ADD....he responds all the time and never even knows what he said...oh well).
So that was all of my GREEN day!!

Oh wait no it isn't. After my crazy attack I get online and the Hep A and Yellow Fever may not even have time to protect me (things that would have been nice to know PRIOR to getting them) and kids no longer need boosters at 50 inches....hmmm wonder how tall Carson is???

2 comments:

leahmarieisme said...

cute cute :)

tracy said...

I love the bag!! Where'd you get it from??