Saturday, April 25, 2009

5 Days Til Travel

So another biggie that has been on the list is the CARRIER dilemmia! I have been on the search for the best baby or well...uh toddler carrier on the market! I know that many families recommend carriers while in ET for bonding as well as ease (no paved sidewalks for strollers!). I spent an entire afternoon trying on carriers at a local shop.
The store owner could sense my crazed non-decision making self and actually allowed me to bring home a Moby to try-out. I really liked the idea of Lincoln snuggled up against me in the Moby...I try it with Annie okay.
Carson says" Mom you look like a mummy, all wrapped up?"
Paul "Says it is fine, if you like it" (remember ADD...doesn't even know we are having a conversation)
Annie says" Mommy...look....it makes your boobies look weird?"
Oh my goodness she IS right! When you do the back carry it criss-crosses on your chest and oh my NOT a pretty sight.
So I instantly knew that there would be NO Moby, oh wait did I forget to mention that byt his time Annie was sagging down to about my knees!!!
Sometimes I glance around to look for hidden cameras..no joke!

So I get online and check out a carrier recommended by a fellow homeschooler. It is called a Mei Tai carrier. She recommended the Mei Tais made by BabyHawk. I love the designs, I love the style. I call the phone number and the lady answers. I explain my time crunch issue...I need the ASAP for Africa but I do not want a pre-made...she is a DOLL and says she will have it made and sent out in 3 days!!
Well today was arrival day...YEAH!!
This is the carrier I designed...I know MORE green! I am on a green kick for some reason...it all started with the green paint...oh well!
I love it I tried it with Annie and she hung out for an hour! Another mark off the list!

2 comments:

leahmarieisme said...

cool...GO GET THEM!!!

Annette said...

can you order me one too please. I thought about making one but I would rather buy it. Check out my blog and click on "soule mama" to the left she uses those. Actually a recent post is about that.