Friday, May 9, 2008

We had our homestudy interview yesterday. It is basically a autiobiography of your childhood and adult years until marriage. We now have about 5 more papers to find, create or track down. So once again we wait!! As soon as these papers arrive we will schedule our homestudy visit of our home!
So I also talked to our agency today! I found out that the lady who operates the home study agency has a triple bypass surgery yesterday so please keep Linda in your prayers. Susan explained a bit as far as how children are "released", evidently many come to the orphanage but do not have "paperwork". I am assuming "paperwork" is biological info or the release from parents etc!! She said she actually has a set of brothers that she thought of for me but they only have papers on the older one! Isn't that wild!! Our boys could be sitting in that orphange right NOW?! So we have begun to pray that the younger boys papers come in and or our children remain safe and fed and loved until they are brought to the orphanage.

Also based on the timeframe, I really think that we will have our babies home by October!!! I hate to put down a time because I do not want to get my hopes up...but it is so exciting to put a timeframe on it!! If our homestudy is complete by first week of June, then it will go to the immigration office to be approved (we hope for this to take about 5 weeks~about July). Once that is approved the dossier is sent to Washington DC where all the important people sign it! Then it is sent to Ethiopia (by about mid July). At this time we can be referred a child!!! This can happen immediately or months. I think this will happen rather quickly since they are already looking for what we want. Once we are referred (let's say August) we are given a court date..about 6 weeks later (about mid Sept) then we can travel as early as 3 weeks later to 6 weeks later.(Sometime in October!!) Of course that is my timeframe with not much room for hiccups!!!

Here on the homefront we have completed our desert animals lapbook, and more of the usual schoolwork...I think we are getting summer fever!! Madelyn has been running about 104 degree fever since Wed. I have heard Hand, Foot and Mouth are going around...and the doctor had seen a case of Rosieolla that day...so I pray that resolves itself. I wish I had pictures to post but my poor little camera is still in the shop:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, october sounds so soon! I'll definitely keep praying!