Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Overheard in the House today....

"Get your umbrella out of the pencil sharpener"

A few weeks ago I was caught saying (to a friends child I may add hehe!) "Hey, please leave the trees in the ground"

Oh and the re-occuring..."Please sit down to pee-pee...you are a girl and girls must sit to pee-pee..no standing"

HEHE well Now that Teaque has made me aware of these crazy things that are said I will have to keep better record...as I am sure these are not EVEN the craziest!!!

So on to the ramblings of the day............
Daddy took Carson to the CUBS game. He called all excited (DH not DS!!) that they had front row tickets and that they had thrown Carson the ball!! Cool!! Oh darn, no camera!! Bummer! See Heather they should have gone with you!!

I took the girls to a garden shop to get flowers and tomato plants. FYI This is a very cheap date to take your children !! The girls LOVED it, we took the wagon out and I let them ride until we began filling it up. They played in the pond, watched the fountains. We decided to try 2 types of tomato plants and cucumbers and strawberries. I have a totally brown thumb so if any of this produces food it will be a miracle!! Then I let the girls each pick a flower, Madelyn chose a beautiful Pink Daisy and Annastyn (after choosing 14 bush/shrubs thingies) chose a pink geranium. When we came home they enjoyed planting them, pictures will post one day when I get my camera back!!

Okay cute story" Annie gets out of the tub and I put a hooded baby towel on her head. She is so observant..she was asking " What is on my head, that's not towel....what is it???" She could not figure out what was on her head...or where her towel was!! Then while I was dressing her she said her hair was cold...

Oh, here ya go! Last night at dinner we..... Teaque, Heather and Tracy were talking and I was saying how my children never had a terrible 2's phase that 3 years was the "trying" times with my older two and then my son had a rough year at 5 years of age. Then today I was disciplining Madelyn for the umpteenth time and a wise friend of mine ahemmTeaque.... said wow is that Madleyn again.....so it took 5 hours for the lightbulb to flicker on!! She is almost 5 years old...omgosh...and Annastyn is almost 3 years old!! Two in the "rough" years together ighghghg!!! No fair!!! hehe

I received an email from our adoption coach from church and she is asking for prayers for about 20 children...they are in "our" orphanage and are between the ages of 5 & 10 and have no families waiting for them. (Because we are looking for siblings, we will not be able to get the 5 or 6 year old) Thank you for throwing a prayer their way.

2 comments:

Teaque said...

I love how *I* was referred to as the "WISE" friend!! You got that right baby!! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

I need to start writing down the things i say too. Teaque always laughs at me when we're on the phone!