Monday, May 5, 2008

So we had our USCIS appointment this morning. This is through the immigration office, for those needing green cards and such I believe. The appointment was for 9:10 and lets just say that this process is not a well-oiled machine!! Upon checking in I hear, "Oh, another adoption huh?" and he then informs me that some paperwork has changed and he will have to see if what we have is correct. (stomach drops!) so we wait............he then asks us for our paperwork (birth certificates, mariiage cert.-all copies) he then asks if I have the originals (stomach drops) the paper I had said bring copies (I did have Paul's with us just becuase it looked "fake" to me!!)........so set down and wait...............he calls us up again and says that the adoption worker is out of the office today and that is all that can be done (meaning no receipt today and no fingerprints today!) I was a bit upset considering I had an appointment (for nothing basically). I explained that is we could at least get the fingerprints done while Paul was off and we were downtown, that would such a blessing etc, etc. He says to sit down and wait again!!!
He then calls me up and has the fingerprint paperwork ready YEAH!!! He says good luck there could be hours of wait time!!! We walk in and there were only 3 people waiting!! A few more came in with appointments so we waited about 30 minutes (no complaining here!) Oh and my bteh time we left teh room was baout half full!So we have that done YEAHHH ...well other than waiting for the receipt...and of course the approval! The approval is the biggie to get a referral!

So now we head to the Police station to get a local police clearance letter. We walk in (nobody is waiting..hurray!) and he writes them and notarized them in about 10 minutes!! WOOHOO!! By the time we left there were about 8 people in line. I just pointed out to Paul that as frustrated as we were that we had gotten into those places right before the crowd twice! This letter is for the dossier.

All futire "papers" will be for the dossier as we ahve completed all the paperwork for the homestudy!

Carson and Madelyn had their choir performance last night. Madelyn is such a cutie, she grinned fom ear to ear throughout. She had a little ensemble part where she put on sunglasses and sang some chorus!! Carson who was not as excited about being in stage did awesome too! He stated to mom after the show that now he can do karate, that I had told him he had to finish the choir before he could make a new commitment. He told her that this is a QUOTE hehe " I just set my mind to it and dug down deep ito myself and achieved my goal"...OMGosh how funny!!! So now I gotta find a stinkin' karate place!!

Oh and Carson lost his 6th tooth yesterday on the way to church!! Guess that is about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're busy.

Did you get any video of the performance? I bet it was adorable!

Glad you got the fingerprints done. What a pain.

Bethany said...

Funny you shoud ask about video...I ran out of tape right before Madelyns solo...so I got the beginning of hers and then was able to get his!!