Monday, May 26, 2008

I have met the sweetest family through our homeschool co-op that we do on Mondays. They had three bio children and adopted last fall from Guatemala. Her adopted son, Abel is an absolute doll. She has been such a wise friend to have through our decision making process. She has shared a bible verse and 2 quotes with me for my journey and I want to share!

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left you ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

(She used this verse as she was praying about adoption and trying to decide what country) I think it is amazing that Paul & I listened to the voice..without knowing it really! When people ask WHY ETHIOPIA?? I now know why!

Okay , now a quote....very powerful!!!
*Although it may not always be obvious to us there seems to be one distinct moment when God begins a new story in each of our lives. He writes words on our hearts that long to be spoken and strained to be lived out. Then with His own great hand He begins to write the script. Experience by experience through seemingly ordinary days, He supernaturally orders our lives. Only when we look back and reflect on what appeared to have been ordinary events of life does it become clear what a miracle the Lord has performed.
Jan Beazly~The Strength of Mercy All Gods Children Int'l

*He is calling us to redeem lives crushed by the circumstances of their birth. He is calling us to save them, to lift them out and then like the Father has carried us we must carry them in love, with the strength of His mercy.........and bring them home.


This first quote is amazing because Kristin and I had just talked about the "Unanswered Prayers" and while we are thinking God is not answering us he is working on something so much greater all the while!

So ladies...tell me the last "Unanswered Prayer" that you prayed and what did God give you instead??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You already know my biggest one, but I'll share with anyone else reading: I prayed for a couple years to get pregnant. But that wasn't really the right words. I wanted a family. God gave us a beautiful daughter through adoption. My prayer to have a family really was answered, even though I didn't word it right. While I was praying, God was working to line up all the specifics, even though I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes.