Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tonight we attended a meeting with many of the families from our adoption agency. We met 4 children home from Ethiopia, which is SO neat! Two of the families have only been home 2 weeks!! We discussed travel plans, changing their names etc! It is great to have a support group like this in place for when our children are home! We are planning on organizing a monthly playgroup with all of the children!

Little E who is five (and drop dead gorgeous!!!)saw my boys pictures and she smiled and said their names!! Later in the evening she walked up to me and pulled the pictures out of my hands again to look through! She just smiled and said their names! It is so amazing to me that half way around the world, my boys already have friends waiting for them!

Courts opened and all of our papers are filed and we are waiting for a court date!!

Here is the coolest part of the whole night! I laid my pictures out for one of the couples who just traveled to look out. I asked them if they knew our boys. The reaction I got was unforgettable!!! They both began laughing....HARD! They said he is intense, playful, energetic.....(I think I am going to have my hands full)!! They told me he likes to play with the older children and thinks he is as big as them! They could not quit telling us how happy they were to know where he was going, and that he was such a special boy! I was also told he is very lovable and likes to be held tight!!

When we showed the second family the pics. We pretty much got the same response! Laughter...lots of laughter!!! They told us shenanigan after shananigan Issac pulled...from setting off the car alarm over and over to getting an older child into trouble! She said he never meets a stranger and has lots of personality!! He truly is Paul's son!! Oh and he LOVES balls...he is very good at dribbling and kicking a soccer ball too.

I cannot describe the emotions upon hearing about your childs personality!! A picture seems priceless but I never imagined knowing so much about him! Imagine finding out your childs personality while pregnant! Anyhow we left that meeting with excitment and happiness. We met some great families and some great kids. I think we will all be in each others lives for a long time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How neat! I'm very excited for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! I'm soooooo excited for you!!!!