Monday, October 20, 2008

Prayer Please

We just received word from our agency that there are some changes happening in Ethiopia. They originally tried to pass a law requiring children to be double orphaned (both parents deceased) to be adopted. While they did not approve this law..they are requiring another step in the process prior to court.

The social services will need to write a letter for every child stating that they are in an orphanage and that they can be adopted....basically give their approval. This is going to hold up court on many families, including ours. We are unsure of how this will affect our timeframe on the court date we are waiting for.

Please keep all the families in yours prayers. Especially the children that are sitting and waiting to get home!

4 comments:

Around the World said...

Praying for you guys....I know exactly how you feel!!!!!!

{B} said...

HI Bethany...Thanks for posting on babyethiopia. Our agency sent out a letter last week letting everyone know whats going on with the changes. They also said that they had contacted the families who were mainly effected by the change in law. That is the extent of my knowledge. I know it is probably holding up our court date, but I have no idea by how long...here's to quick court dates!

Jen said...

Hello! I didnt see a place to contact you. So,i will try to write here! Sorry to hear about your delay. I cant even remember now how I came across your blog! But, we are adopting through Susan also, we are waiting for a courtdate and are adopting a 9 yr old girl named Mekdes! Would love to keep up on your journey! Jen

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet sweet comment on my blog! What an encouragement you are!

I am SO sorry to hear about this new rule... I will be praying for you and all of the families that are coming after you!!