Friday, January 30, 2009

We have been hit by a huge ice storm.....the agency is down, so no word on a new court date. I have reason to believe it will be mid-March.....pray for a miracle.

Not a miracle for selfish me who wants to hold my babies....not for me who now thinks I need to return lots of winter clothes....not for me who is tired of telling people next month since summer.....not me who wants the children to be at church for adoption Sunday waving the Ethiopian flag......not me who wants to start new lifebooks (something that is new & fun for me).... seriously not for me!

Pray for a miracle for these boys....the boys have already had to move to a second orphanage since their mom bringing them in (so since August they have lived at home with mom and 2 orphanges).......pray that they have good care for the next few months.....pray for Yohannis we are still not sure if he can walk and getting him home at 1 1/2 versus over 2 to begin therapy could be a big difference....pray for the bonding process, the sooner the better for these boys as they are at a critical age for the bonding issues......pray that the boys have oppurtunities to bond as brothers, in the orphanage I assume they are in different areas and I think it is so important that they spend time together....pray for their overall health.

Also pray for the other children....every day that our 2 children are in that orphanage there are 2 children that cannot enter. Lastly pray for all the families in this process. 6 families from our agency have been affected by this delay alone, plus many other agencies families. Every delay that happens and every discouraging delay in the process gets told....and these negative associations with adoption or Ethiopian adoption can prevent a family from taking the leap of faith and adopting an orphan. Pray against the devil as he throws roadblocks at those of us following the word of God.

So pray...just not for selfish little me :)

4 comments:

Monica said...

Praying for your boys and for you. Thanks for your comment on our blog. I'm looking forward to reading back through your blog and following from here on out. Sounds like our boys are about the same ages. :)

Teaque said...

this was so well written! Brought tears to my eyes. I'm sad for you, but you already know that.

Dana said...

Bethany, we are praying for your boys and for you!

Sarah and Davis said...

I'm so with you on this, Bethany. I feel strongly that we need to pray against the attack of the enemy on the processes of so many who are trying to be obedient to God's leading in bringing children home to forever families. Like you, I have all the same concerns for our two girls who are also delayed in coming home - again.

I will stand with you in prayer for your family that obstacles and strongholds be broken in Jesus name. We know God can do that if it is in His will.