Wednesday, January 28, 2009

this makes me smile :)

We recently spent a few days in Gatlinburg, we stayed in a new resort called Wilderness Lodge. While it is still under construction for all of the outdoor waterpark features, it has an excellent indoor water park. The indoor park includes a wave pool, childrens area, baby area, tube slides, family raft ride and the BEST of is the artificial wave machine thingy.....you can body surf or actually stand and surf. Can we start of saying this is CHEAP entertainment!!! A few of the men were talented enough to do a few board tricks and show off for the crowd that gathered around...a few ladies were nice enough to make it a bit R-rated by losing their tops.....and my dear hubby was nice enough to just give everyone a huge laugh!!! He attempted the standing surf option...the lifeguard works with the surfer until he gets out into the wave. Paul managed to stay on the board for what we assume was about 1/8th of a second!! At that time he fell off the board as was thrown around in the wave like a lifeless rag doll...then he proceeded to knock out the legs of the lifeguard (or doctor as Madelyn has told everyone!) they then swirled around together for a bit....then Paul attempts to stand up, which then knocked him back on his butt. If only I could man a camcorder and a camera at the same time....I did get some later trys on video, but none were as good as this one!
Here is Carsons poor wipeout....



It does not look difficult but many adults could not even do what he was doing below!


There goes my Madelyn...she is SO fearless! I had the camera on action for her fall so it was way too blurry :(






2 comments:

~Laura~ said...

oh, I think we're going to go to Gatlinburg in a couple of weeks. I spent most of the night looking for some place with an indoor waterpark. This looks fabulous. I'm going to check it out.

I'm sorry about your court delay as well. :( It stinks! Have they given you a rescheduled courtdate yet?

Anonymous said...

Man, that place looks so fun!

And i'll keep praying for you guys. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be, :(