Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Monday I was thankful for Christmas cards! I LOVE getting Christmas cards...I cannot wait for the mail to come each day to see which cards have arrived. I also love sending cards. I always send a picture card. I send picture cards because many of the people I send cards too only see my kids a couple times a year (if that). Well and because I love getting the pics of our friends kids too!
I had waited on the Christmas cards until our court date so I would know if the boys were legally ours or not. Since we did not pass court I decided not to include their pics on the cards. Monday I dressed the kiddos up and began our photo shoot! Needless to say we had many outakes! I will show the pics that made the final cut after I send out my cards. Oh can I also be thankful for the child who enjoys working with the camera!

Yes, I climbed on a ladder to get this after they piled themselves up on their own.

This was an older pic that I never posted. This is Carson with Patrick Henry Hughes which is our local celebrity in Louisville. Patrick is a musical miracle. He was born with no eyes and by 9 months was repeating notes on a piano. He has since made history by being in the marching band at University of Louisville. He has appeared on ESPN and last year was the recipient of the Extreme Home Makeover. We attended this prayer breakfast and heard his father speak and he played the piano and sang. Can we say tears.......
We bought his book I Am Potential and his CD (the kids love it).
I was so thankful for Carson. He was amazed by Patrick and sat for a few hours with all adults listening to many lengthy prayers.




Sunday we attended a cookie decorating/ornament exchange at my neighbors. Carson got a cute glass blown Santa.



Madelyn had to make some jumps on the trampoline while we were there......



Okay so these pics uploaded all out of wack! Here are the finished candy cane cookies from our unit last week!








Tonight we ran out to Marks Feed Store. They had Santa and of course on Tuesday kids eat free! Only Annie would sit on Santa's lap! She was in his lap for about 5 minutes. She grinned at him and just stared in awe! (and while Santa leaves a gift on Christmas morning, we don't talk about him all the time so it amazes me that she "knows" all about him). While we were eating she leaned in and whispered in my ear "I love Santa". She chose the dress to wear saying "Santa will like this dress, because he likes this white stuff "!








Here is a shot of the 22 children at the ornament exchange!








Here is Madelyn (always topless..I have to work on that) with the before shot of the candy canes!










1 comment:

Amber said...

AHH! I was shocked to see your picture of the candy cane cookies!! I make them and my hubby's fam loves them. I think the almond extract makes them so tasty.
I love to get cards too. Those and stockings are my favorite part.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.