Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Court Date Explanation

Since Shelley asked I figured others may want to know too.
Our court date in Ethiopia will make the boys legally ours. The process is rather sensitive in the way that giving each individual judge exactly what he wants is like hitting a moving target with your eyes closed (so I have been told). There are 7 judges hearing cases. Each judge wants something a bit different. Sometimes it is a piece of paper, or an interview with the social worker that accepted the kid at the orphange or as simple as the judge does not come in to work that day.
So on December 12th (middle of the night for us folk) our prayers will be finished and it will be in Gods hands.
If we pass court we will then travel about 5 weeks later. During this time the US embassy requires another HIV test and makes new birth certificates.

If we do not pass court (I will have a meltdown and probably host a small pity party as well) we will be scheduled a new court date 6-8 weeks out and we will try it all over again! Meaning we will probably not pick up the boys until March :( Here is another fun tidbit...we most likely will not find out until Monday if we passed due to the time difference and computer problems etc. So it will be a ridiculous weekend!!

So I trying to keep positive because I KNOW the boys need to get home! And for my little Annie..every single day she asks if we are getting her "brodders". I hate to think about explaining that mess to her! So once again if you can pray Thursday night before bed that would be awesome!

3 comments:

The Cook Family said...

praying now...praying then! let us know ASAP when you find out!!

Around the World said...

Praying for you!!! I am going to love on your boys if we can see them at KVI!!!!!! I hope to find out before we get there how court went....they'll get some extra KENTUCKY lovin'

LESLEY & THOM

CHRISTY said...

I will be praying for you guys over the next couple of days. I so know where you are! Wanting to be hopeful, but fearful of delays. Oh, it's maddening!