Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Slide Rock!

Sundays big adventure was to explore a State Park called Slide Rock. We began with a fun picnic with views of the beautiful mountains and then headed to "slide rock". Slide Rock was named this a long. long time ago when locals would come to the water and slide down the cascading water on the rocks. A natural waterslide!! To set the stage for the pics you have to remember the water was about 30 degrees!! Colder than I even drink my ice water!! Dipping my toes in took my breath away! The was a man who was debating the big slide..his children were begging him and you know my mom & I, we started chanting and clapping for him to go too! Soon others were gathered around waiting for him to go , well he could not back out now so he went. (pics below!) then others followed! Carson wanted to go so bad but Paul was not in swim trunks and he was afraid to go alone. So we hiked all around and explored as far as we could. Before we left Carson decided he wanted to do it. So he DID!!! I am so proud of him because I was never brave like that...he can always say he slid down slide rock!!! The pics loaded out of order..so take note!! Here he is about 3 frames into the slide! BTW The waer emptied into VERY deep water so Paul had to catch him before that point!
My bathing beauties!! Annastyn scooted up behind sissy.....awwwhhh!!
My little ham bone!! He is dancing...but crazy part is that he is on a 4 foot high boulder in the middle of the rapids!!
The girls had to join him, so they made their way out to the boulder as well!!
Carson was way too cute, posing for me (someone has to make mommy happy!!)
Look at Miss Madelyn and those legs!!!! OMGoodness....I do not look forward to the teen years!!! Another note, the kids are on the side of a cliff in this pic...but I made them do it. Paul and mom are freaking out the entire time!!! LOL All for the pics!!
This all behind her is the "slide"!
Here is our new friend we made...made slide that is!!!!
Here he is thinking about it!!
And in he goes!!!!


2 comments:

Teaque said...

You have got some awesome pics girl! You just keep putting those cute kids in danger it will make some great s/b pages!! LOL!! That slide rock looks like it would hurt your tail!

Heather said...

Wow!! Way to go Carson! I love that nothings to dangerous for a scrapbook page!