Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge

I must start this post with a disclaimer, Paul and I are kinda picky!! We were so disappointed!! I was told there were some "normal" enough meats that a steak & potato guy could find something to enjoy. Well the foods are exotic and have an African flair. There were weird salads and rices and meats that were un-identifiable to our Kentucky home cooked eyes!! So the pic below shows what we ate...the kids buffet!!! Yummy chicken tenders, fries, mac&cheese and ziti! Below kinda looks icky...these are a sampling of the dessert buffet! A few of them were okay but the girls and I ended up spitting out a couple of them!!
Here is the birthday dessert brought out at Boma, sprinkled in gummi bears!!!
Here is a pic of the buffet...it is huge. The workers play African drums and do occasion dances, the kids enjoyed this although it does make for a loud dinner! The lodge is beautiful and teh restaurant is beautifully themed!!
Oh these are the zebra domes, a dessert item. I had to get pics of these to complete my ABC album of Disney!!!!

2 comments:

Teaque said...

ok this scares me. i thought you hadn't eaten there and i knew you all were picky but the book makes it sound like the buffet is ok.... ack - may have to change this res...

Anonymous said...

We ate there when we went in 2002 and it was a bit odd. My husband loved it though. But, then again, he'll eat anything!

I wanna see your album!