Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chowing Down in Disney!

I have had several families ask me about where to (and not to eat) in Disney so I thought posting it here would actually get someone to read my blog!!!!hehe!! If you are a Disney-goer too (Shelly)than please add comments!!

Sci-Fi Restautant: This was one of our best meals in 2007. Atmosphere is great, totally themed out as if you are in a drive-in theater, hostesses on rollar skates etc. Great for tired kids because they veg out in front of the tv (no sibling bickering here!)!! And of course it is AIR-CONDITIONED!! Food was awesome (about our 2nd fav of the week!). I had ribs, cole slaw and fries, Paul had a steak & fries, the kids had pizza and a hamburger (Annie was still of mooching age!) Of course on the Disney free dining plan we all had desserts too!! (heck its FREE)..if only it was calorie free too! BTW you cannot "bank" desserts so use them or lose them...or be super nice and send a free dessert to another table!!!
Front Row baby!!!!
My gang!!
My dinner!
Kids meal, notice the large salad!!! The kids meals in Disney are so big! With 2 GOOD sides it easy to feed that extra sibling! Most restaurants offer fruit, pudding, veggies etc.
Oh and it was Annies b-day week (as it is every year at Homeschool time!!)...lucky her!!!

So the only downfall I have to mention is that it si very dark in here...it IS a drive in hehe! Eating in the dark really earks me...so that is probably the only reason I did not book for this year. Oh yeah and it is in MGM!

Chef Mickeys: CM is a cool place, there is a photo op available upon entering. It is buffet style. The characters walk around and greet you. At one point there is a dance with the characters, Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale and Goofy (if memory serves) and all the kids jump up and wave thier napkins. I had this is 2006 and could not get res. last year so we will be returning this year! I love their chicken tetrazini dish, Mickey Mouse Ravioli and well all of it!!!

I would love to add pics...but they are not on my 'puter!!

It is late so more to come soon!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We loved Chef Mickey's. I love the character dining cause it's great for photo ops!

The sci-fi disappointed me a bit. It was air conditioned which is a HUGE plus! But the food was just ok and the movie they were playing was a bit scary for my little ones (they were only 3 and 16 months at the time).

We would choose something else next time.

We loved Hollywood Brown Derby (food was amazing)
Hollywood and Vine had a great
character breakfast
Rainforest Cafe has a fun atmosphere
50's prime time cafe is fun
Tony's Towne sqare has great italian food
And the San Angel Inn is wonderful!!!! Atmosphere AND food is fab!