Saturday, February 2, 2008

..how funny!!!

So Madelyn has given us some laughs this weekend!! First she tells us that she is not kissing Michael any more. She says "we've discussed it to ourselves and we are going to wait until we are married"...can you believe this!!! Paul is freaking out and says Madelyn you are not supposed to kiss boys until you are older anyway. She responds with "Daaaddd, we are not doing it anymore! We were tired of getting teased." This lasted about 15 minutes but I am still shocked!! How early they start!!!

Oh and then we went to Borders and picked out some good books. We bought several for our Five in a Row curriculum, Charlotte's Web and I wanted the older two to pick out a good novel for us to read at bedtime. So Madelyn and I choose Anne of Green Gables. I am so excited to read a book with my daughter that I read as a child...etc. Night comes and she takes the celophane off and flips her lid!!! She starts crying and saying something (that is not understandable). When she finally calms down I could understand what she was saying..."you got me a book with words....sobbbbbbb!!!" It was SO funny she was mad because we got her a book with words!! Carson (not seeing the humor in it) was like it's okay Madelyn ...my book has words too, some books have pictures, some have both and ours only have words! It was so sweet that he wanted to ease her pain and he explained it so well!!

2 comments:

Teaque said...

Hey she should be thankful you even let her buy a book. Poor Cade get's told repeatedly anymore "NO I am not buying you another book!" Seriously - it's out of control with the books at our house. :) And the kissing story is toooo funny!!

Heather said...

How funny! The librarian in me has heard all the excuses and kids being upset about books. Glad you chose a classic. She'll love it.