Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I need to start off by saying thank you to everyone who has sent beautiful messages of prayers, love and thoughts over the past couple weeks. It means so much for friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers to take the time to send a message of sorrow and thoughts ...even when not knowing what to say. It has meant so much to me!

We are doing good. Children are great like that....this week, birthdays and the baby are mere memories and thoughts have moved on to halloween costumes!! Although Carson was tickled while we were at our homeschool co-op on MOnday, we talked about our baby up in heaven playing with his friends baby (they lost their baby a few weeks before us)!

I scrapbooked this weekend from Friday until Saturday evening. I was able to complete 41 pages! I completed Annastyns 1 year album and our 2006 family album! It feels so good to mark things off the list!!

Oh yeah, Halloween costumes! This week has about killed me....all for the search of three simple costumes! Let me give you a brief history on this topic in my family...it is ALL about the pictures!!!! So yes every year I dress the children in a theme...that ^gasp^ I pick out!!!hehe I can on and on to defend myself...but who cares..right hehe!!!
So this year my 7 year old decides he does not want to be the tin man. * mom sobbing*...meaning no Wizard of Oz gang.:( So I allow him to choose what he wants to be...he picks Optimus Prime a transformer. Madelyn agrees to be "Little Girl Peep" (as she calls it!) and Annie is her sheep (she loves that she is in charge, as a middle child she rarely gets this!) So the search begins!! I travel to about 4 stores before realizing Little Bo Peep will have to be ordered online....4 hours later I choose one from ebay. Still no sheep or Optimus?? Several stores later and I find a transformer and guess what...MISSING PIECES!!! Two more stores (now keep in mind I am traveling in and out with 3 little ones!) and still only a very $$$ sheep is to be found. I stop by one last Halloween shop and guess what they have the $$$ sheep on clearance, YEAH!!! So tonight after boy scouts we hit one more Target and guess what still no transformer...so after stating that "he will jsut stay home and hand out candy if he cannot be Optimus Prime"...he spots the "Human Torch" costume and is in love.
So finally, 11 stores later, 36 grey hairs, 2 meltdowns, and $84 in gas we have our costumes...well as soon as the one off ebay comes we will!!

Oh in case you care..here is a run-down of what my children have dressed up as for halloween.
Zarek -(foster son)1st halloween -Pumpkin
Zarek - 2nd year Blues Clues
Zarek - 3rd year Cowboy/ Carson was a teddy bear (he was only 3weeks old!)
Carson's 2nd year-Piglet
Carson's 3rd year-Peter Pan (Mommy was tink and daddy was Capt. Hook)
Carson's 4th year and Madelyns 1st year - Raggedy Ann and Andy
Carsons 5th year and Madelyns 2nd year - Pirates
Carsons 6th year and Madelyns 3rd year, Annies 2nd year - We were The Incredibles! Mr Incredible, I was Elasti Girl, Carson was Dash, Maddee was Violet and Annie was Jack-Jack!
I will try to get pics uploaded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All that work and (if they're anything like mine) they'll only wear them for about 2 hours-- tops! But, the pictures sure are worth it, huh?! ;)