Thursday, March 26, 2009

Post-court Day 1

I failed miserably at blogging each day of December, but I am going to attempt to do better at this. My goal is to blog daily between now and travel. I know this time will pass quickly and it will end up a blur in months to come. I may follow Jana in printing this count down to my boys by printing the posts in blurb.

After I spoke with Susan I called Paul and told him and a few close friends. Next I grabbed the video camera and yelled for the kids to come sit on the couch. On the way down the stairs Madelyn says oh did we get our brothers!?? There went my big surprise!!! So then I ask the kids to send a message for their brothers on the video camera...which runs out of tape at that precise moment!! The kids were all yelling.."We Love You", "I want to hug you", " I am so glad we passed after court, court, court, court, court and more court....."(Carson of course!)....I just let them talk even though their was no tape!!!....it was too sweet!

This morning was so exciting and such a huge relief, that we debated calling a no-school day, but I just couldn't do it!! We went down and did the basics. Carson wrote in his journal about passing court and he drew precious little pictures of him and his brothers. Madelyn drew all 5 kids and her journal entry was "Yesak and Yohannis love me".

We then cleaned up and headed to Gattiland to celebrate our adoption as well as Pauls dads b-day and his nephews b-day. Then a headed out to a homeschool meeting...which was great because I was able to see so many friends wishing me congratulations on the adoption! I pulled out my pictures any chance I got to show my little guys off too! I am exhausted and I do believe I will sleep better tonight than last night!

No comments: