Thursday, July 3, 2008

These are the Days of Our Lives.....

Madelyn has been making lots of laundry with several outfit changes per day!
Madelyn loves to dress...loves to put outfits together...loves to accessorize....loves to pose!!
These pieces belong to other outfits and the hat is Annie's......
Mommy has been scrapbooking. I never do random pages and rarely use only 1 photo. I did use scraps of leftover paper (good girl) and I did like my ribbon thingy in the corner but I have decided that I need a Cricut....I had to struggle to find letters and I wanted bigger letters.... Oh and since Teaque is sure to gag at the frilly hat she is wearing. I have to tell that she insisted on wearing this old Easter hat to Madelyns soccer game in the fall!! (Oh and her hair is greasy because she put baby lotion in it!!) The eyes are still gorgeous!!
Scraplifted this one of the cover of a magazine (nothing is my own!!)
Mommy has been shopping. Below are some Basic Grey goodies I found cheap! Not pictured are all of the books I have been scouring Goodwills and yardsales for (I have bought over 100!)
Carson and Journey having their light saber battles.
The neighborhood kids hanging out in the basement. (notice my sons attire...in hot weather he still wears long pants and shirts)
Carson showing off his tattooes (Mommy took a quick nap and I awoke to all the kids with lots of tattooes!!)
Madelyn and Annastyn have been having a blast in our backyard pool!
Annastyn learned to jump in the pool, She has to have all this though!
Carson loves to jump, run and flip. This pic shows him trying to jump onto a boogie board!

A wise mother of three gave me this excellent idea! She had her childrens names embroidered onto towels and they use the same towel for several days....this cuts down on laundry. I found the towels at Target and a lady from church embroidered them. I love them!!

We are completely paper ready adoption wise. Homestudy done and dossier being translated in Ethiopia. Below is a pic of the dossier certified (county and state). Madleyn was nice enough to take the pic for me!!
Did I mention all of my children are dare devils!!??
Love this action shot , the girls have a blast jumping off the side!!

Madelyn shows off our first tomato from our plants. She has been so good about watering them when I forget.


Here is the Little People village in my living room! Every few months I let the kids set this up for a few days. It is something out of the norm so it keeps them busy for days! The mess is worth it!!
The neighbor kids are ready for VBS, it was Hawaiian theme of course!!
The girls are ready for the Hannah Montana party at the library!
Overall I have been staying home alot the this summer, with gas prices so high! I am also having a great time organizing and relaxing after the school year. I have also been planning for next year of course.
I also need to update you on our adoption process. The orphanage has ended up with an extra 85 kids from another placing agency. They have to go through them all and make sure they are all paper ready. Due to this extra load it will probably be late summer before we get our referrals and we will probably not travel to pick up the children until November or December. This was a bit later than we had hoped but the timing will work great with our homeschool calender. If we finish by Thanksgiving we can have until January free.
We have decided not to move until next year or later, so now I am ready to get new bookshelves and re-organize our school room and complete my scraproom. Then we will be re-doing kids rooms before I know it!! I will take some before pics soon!
Have a Happy 4th!!!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to scrap just one picture! :) They look good.

Is that pool in your backyard?

Unknown said...

I'm a scrapbooker, too... although I haven't done it in quite awhile with the move and everything. I'm getting ready to start a digital photo album for the kids of their time in the orphanage!
And, we have that same train table in our basement (I just made a cover and skirt for it, so it looks like an ottomon, when the kids aren't using it)...and, our basement walls are that color.

Anonymous said...

Golly! Where to start?

You're pages are great!

Kids are adorable.

Tomato looks perfect!

Adoption going great! So happy for you. I'll keep praying.

Our VBS is next week. Not sure I'm ready! I kind of like staying at home and not having to go anywhere!

Why long sleeves in July?!