Thursday, July 30, 2009

Product Review!

I am excited to share with everyone a great new family owned business. The Clark family has developed a great site where they share inspiration, ideas, organizational tips and more! You can access it here! One of the first products they are offering are file folder games. My family was able to try these products and we LOVE them!

Okay, lets start with why before these products I steered away from file folder games. I had been introduced the the "old school" black and white reproducibles. So the process went a bit like this...make copies....color pages....cut laminate....cut again....well that process gets VERY lengthy around the coloring stage!! So until the Integritas file folder games we only had 3 of the others that were ever completed!!! My other problem was that ALL of the games in that book were for children of one particular age. We know that in homeschooling or even as parents working with children after school that we need multiple age/level games.

So why do I LOVE these file folder games???
1.)Very cute designs...all of the artwork is hand drawn by the creator...a past art teacher!
2.)Interesting ideas...some are board game style, some are matching, etc...each.
3.)They are already colored for you!!! And it gets better! They are colored in a light watercolor effect so when you print them it doesn't feel like you are emptying your print cartridge!!
4.) If you have a concept that your child needs help with or simply enjoys ...you can request a special designed folder made just for your needs!!! For instance a friends son needed help with multiplication and loves football....and he now has a Touchdown Multiplication file folder game!


We decided to spend an afternoon at the park and I pulled over one child at a time to do the file folder game for his/her level. This was a great idea by the way because the other children were more than busy playing so we got one on one time!

Here is Lincoln (2 years) just playing with the Seasons Change file folder....he is not there quite yet!
Annie is the one who tried out the Seasons Change game for "real". She loved it! You dress up the fox in the clothing for each season...so she enjoyed putting on his raincoat and hat and putting an umbrella in his hand..picture paperdolls that teach!!








If you sign up for the email newsletter you can receive a file folder game for FREE!!
Oh and did I mention that the games are very reasonable and can be delivered directly to your email or you can purchase the entire collection for one one low price all on a CD!!?
Stay tuned for the reviews of the other games coming soon!

FYI:I did laminate our folders and the pieces at our local teacher resource center so they are more durable.


4 comments:

Shanna said...

Hey..I just happened to sneak over to your blog and saw the review. Thanks so much!!! Your kids are adorable and it's so much fun to see them playing with 'Seasons Change'. (That's Haleigh's favorite ffg.)

BTW, I LOVE that you think I'm an art major...but I'm not at all. (I did teach art for 4 years.) I've been too busy having babies to work in any college time! LOL!

Bethany said...

Oops I just changed that...so sorry!!!!

Brooke and Brian said...

These look like a great idea! My husband always sees your kids in church and says I cant wait until ours is home :)

leahmarieisme said...

too cute!
I love my other babies!