Monday, August 20, 2007

Say What

Okay we all have the funny kid stories, the things our children say and do every day that tickles our hearts or completely mortifies us. Lets begin with Madelyn...every school year I change our schoolroom around and hang new posters, sort buckets and try to make the room fun and exciting for the new school year. As I am working, Madelyn asks me what I am doing. I tell her that I am organizing, she says "Oh, organizing means putting things where they belong, and making places for things that do not have a place". I was so shocked because unfortunately Madelyn has been dubbed the "blond". Don't get me wrong we have always known she was smart, lets just say uninterested in learning for the most part!!!! I am noticing such a maturity change and confidence boost since she turned four (last month). This is so important to me because I am a huge believer in birth order/personality and since she is the middle child I always worry about her!
I told how how smart she was and asked where did she learn about a big word like that. She reminded me that she learned it from me, that "remember mommy you are my teacher and everything I learn, I learn from you!" Of course as a homeschooling mom....my heart was melting and eyes had tears in it. With all the work we put into everyday it is those little moments that make it all worth it.

Carson gave us a laugh this weekend at the lake. He woke my aunt & uncle up and said "You know that you would get s deeper level of sleep, if you had a sleepnumber
bed!"

Carson was very upset because at Sunday school the other children were making fun of a "fat girl". We discussed it for a long time and talked about all the different shapes and sizes people are. We discussed feeling etc. I was so proud that he was so worried about her. We talked about those in our family who are a bit chunky etc, he then says "But Uncle Bubby is not fat, he just ate too much food!). Very comical in a serious conversation (uncle Bubby is a big 'ole boy!!!!!


...more to come

2 comments:

Teaque said...

awww - you KNOW I love these stories!! Thanks for sharing!

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

hi - Teaque asked me to stop by and say hello and check out your blog. Love your stories already. I homeschooled for 5 years and so i appreciate the excitement of having "reorganized the school room"
thanks for letting me peak at your life.