Monday, August 20, 2007

more of those funny kid moments!

....so we are outside and Carson comes up to daddy and I and says, "Mommy that poor little ant couldn't find anything to fit into his little hole. I helped him, I put a little bity piece of dirt into his hole for him." Of course I am touched by his kindness and compassion for the little ant.....and then giggle to my self as I picture the little ants trapped in their hole because the "giant" blocked off the entrance!!!hehe

Oh and the best one!! I am in Wal-mart the other day with all 3 children, it is late and we are all tired and YES I am "grocery, grocery shopping" coupons and all. We were in Wal-mart for over 3 hours! So we are in the health and beauty section and I am pouring through my coupons for 'ahem' feminine products. I am in deep thought as I try to find the brand, size, shape and serial number of the items on my coupon! I hear Madelyn yell (yes YELL!!) oh look at these big band-aids...I turn to see she is pointing to some pads....(she laughs...LOUDLY!!). I ignore this. Carson (always ready to prove sis wrong) YELLS back ..."no they are not band-aids, Madelyn...they are diapers!!" they both laugh...LOUDLY!!! I respond this time...with " Carson she is right they are band-aids". Carson says "oh".
About 2 seconds go by and he begins to read all the packages one by one..brand name and tag line plus any info on the package. It goes like this.."staayyfreee", "staayfreee", followed by tag line, extra long...Alwaayss...Carefree....etc etc for about 40 packages.
**Oh and of course every man in Wal-mart happened to be within an ear shot of this entire conversation!!!!!!!

Bethany

2 comments:

Teaque said...

AND only YOU can be to blame for teaching him to read. :) This story makes me rethink teaching Cade how to read.

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

i laughed soo hard while reading this! Keep it up - you are funny!(but i do empathize that it often doesn't feel funny at the time)