Monday, July 29, 2013

Easy Peasy Ice Cream Cake!!

Thank you Pinterest! For every 3,586 things I pin...I try 1! This was one of those few things I tried when Maddie requested an ice cream cake last year. I made it worried that it would be a bust and to my surprise everyone raved about it! Like stalked me for months wanting me to make it again...well I did make it again TWELVE months later!!!
So all you need is:
2 Boxs of Ice Cream Sandwiches (this pan only held 18, so you will have extras)
1 Large tub of Cool Whip
Jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Candy Bar of your choice
(I spent about $12)
 
 First layer is Ice cream sandwiches, then cover the sandwiches with half the tub of Cool Whip, drizzle on the caramel add the chopped up candy of your choice. (I did half Reeses Cups and half Snickers). Repeat. Done!

This cake has limitless possibilities. You can subsitute the caramel for fudge, strawberry topping etc. you could use Oreos instead of candy bars and of course candy bars are endless choices as well! I wish I had snapped a picture of the girls who all returned with watering mouths and empty plates for a second helping and it was GONE! I seriously glanced over and there were 4-5 girls just standing there plate in hand staring at the dish processing that it was gone!!

No comments: