Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Camden's First Haircut!

The hair! Paul and I said before the boys were even home that we would let their hair be longer or I guess the appropriate term would be a "fro"! We love it and we think it is precious. Lincoln has a good curl and is doing really well...Cam's on the other hand...not so much! His curls are different and it was more boxy than Linc's. Carson recently got a cut and Camden has been asking for a cut, so it was time!!
His first American haircut!!
I wonder what the process has been like in the orphanage because he did very well, but at the same time was a bit timid and nervous (not a normal trait of Camdens!!).
We had been told about an African barber shop in J-town, so we headed out! As I peeked in the door I got the weird look from all of the men waiting like "lady your in the wrong spot"! So I go in and snuggle my white self among all the black men waiting annd black barbers. Who I am sure were all just giggling inside!! When Camden's turn came he jumped up into the seat.
With his big knotted up afro getting bigger and bigger as the barber picked it out, I was sinking lower and lower into my seat! So then I figured I would cut some of the tension as I announce to the entire shop "I am pulling the mommy card and taking out my camera because this is his first haricut". At that point I started taking pictures and had small talk with a couple of the men...wheww tensions relieved!!
Back to Camden...he did great, sat as still as a mouse. When it was over he ran to me and held me for dear life, so I think he was more nervous than he was letting on! He loves his new cut and is showing everyone, telling them "I no cry when my hair cut little"!!
So withour further ado...pictures!










He looks older in these pictures, but in person he looks about 1 year younger!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! His fro was HUGE!!! How funny! I hope you went to Haskins. We are out at camp this week. Out of commission. I'll have to give you a call next week when we return to see how all went. He looks absolutely adorable! I LOVE it :) Although he does look way too grown up now.

Teaque said...

I honestly forgot you had a blog - too funny - thank goodness for google reader. anyway... oh my goodness he looks soooo cute!!!! love it!

The Cook Family said...

that's where we went too! got the same weird looks, but they are probably getting used to us coming in by now. i actually cut the boys hair myself today! it was actually REALLY easy and looked great, if i do say so myself! love the pics!

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

Too Cute! He looks so different!