Monday, June 8, 2009

things that apparently scare the "b-jibbies" out of little Ethiopians!



Poor little Lincoln is afraid of...are you ready???
Metal Tongs (like grab the hot dog tongs)
Dinosaurs
I do not mean a bit nervous around these items I mean ridiculously terrified!! When Paul would come in off the deck with the tongs Lincoln would scream, run, shake, completely bear hug the nearest person NOT HOLDING tongs!!! It was hilarious but at the smae time so sad that I was unsure if pictures were in good taste!

As for the dinos unfortunately all of the other kids have a bit of fun with this one...a simple shake of the dino and it sends him shrieking in terror!! Today he was in the far corner of the couch for an extremely long time and then I realized there were some dinos on the floor and he would not get off the couch!

And then there is Camden...he was horrified beyond belief..eyes not blinking, mouth hanging open scared.....while I gentley assisted Madelyns loose tooth out at the dinner table!! (Did I mention she was hysterical and then there was lots and lots of blood?)
Paul said he was surveying the house for a way out when we fall asleep! And that he was going to ask if there is a phone number to Africa because these white people are crazy!!!


***Edited to add in a few more SCARY things in my boys world!
Lincoln is also afraid of dinosaur puzzles, the vacuum - he will not be in the same room as an unplugged vacuum!, the hand mixer making up some yummy cookie dough, tickles...and I am sure this list will be added to frequently!!

4 comments:

Teaque said...

so funny - those are the stories that we'll have to bring out again when they get older and we really want to give them a hard time. LOL!

Justin and Donna Brown said...

these are very good things to know!

leahmarieisme said...

heehee, I am thinking about the day when you scream "Do you want me to get the tongs?"
"no mommy no!!!"

Anonymous said...

Should I feel incredibly guilty that I'm laughing out loud?! ;)