Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The girls room...

My girls have very different personalities and I was wanting to stay away from a "themey" room. Also neither of my girls like pink, and Maddies last room was lavender so finding a color scheme was tricky too! So after hours of searching I decided that "shabby chic/whimsical/retro-ish" was our style! We chose a robins egg blue and it is PERFECT! The room is a basic rectangle with a little nook. I keep thinking of all the possibilities of the little nook...a reading nook, a Barbie nook, one day a make-up vanity nook!! For the main space I chose the Mia chandelier from Pottery Barn Kids and for the nook I chose a mini-chandelier from Restoration Hardware that must have been discontinued. They look beautiful!

Here are a few pictures that I have kept as inspiration for the girls room. I have convinced the girls to let me at least paint a dresser this beautiful pink! Maddie has taken up sewing too so we have a few projects that she wants to make for the room too, like a fabric pennant.










I will be sure to post pics of the after as soon as i can!









No comments: